A Functional Form Resume Does NOT List Experience in Chronological Order
Your best bet is a Functional Format Resume if you are a non-traditional employee. For example:
- If you are changing careers or fields
- Returning to the workforce after an extended absence
- Starting your career and lack experience
- Entering the civilian workforce after being in the military
- Have been disabled or recovering from an extended injury or illness
In the above cases, it does not really work to list your experiences and jobs in order, since you may not have recent work experience or that which applies to the current type of work you are seeking.
If this sounds like you, and you are struggling to put a professional resume together that highlights your skills and strengths over experience, than a Functional Format Resume is probably the way to go.
Also, please take advantage of our free Professional Resume critique. We also have a LinkedIn Group for job seekers just like you. Join our group for great discussions, tips and moral support. Looking for a new job is hard–we are here to help!
Join Our Discussion
For more insights and a community of like-minded professionals join our LinkedIn group Resume Help and Advice for Professionals and Executives.