Thank you for your interest in contributing a guest blog to our site. Career Resumes has a large audience and significant daily traffic to our site. We welcome original, informative articles that will provide helpful information to our audience. We get many submission requests daily and weekly. Your submission will only be considered if you follow all the directions below.
Bonus: If you offer the opportunity for Career Resumes to provide a guest blog on your site as well, you will move to the front of the line for consideration. We like Win-Win scenarios.
Our target market is professionals and executive-level job seekers who are looking for a new position or career change. We provide high-end executive resume/CV writing services as well as cover letters, LinkedIn profile make-overs, and career advice. We also have 41,000 recruiters in our database for our resume clients.
TONE: The tone of our blog is professional, yet friendly and casual.
We will not accept blog submissions from other resume writing services. Sorry.
Also, we accept blogs from individuals who possess knowledge or experience that relates to our industry. For example, career coaches, recruiters, hiring managers, etc. If you are a good writer who is looking for experience and to get published anywhere you can, this might not be the right place for you. We only accept submissions from professionals who have the experience to write about relevant topics pertaining to our industry. In other words, you need to be able to back up what you write about with some credentials.
We cross-promote all blog articles on our Facebook, Twitter @careerresumes, and LinkedIn Accounts. We expect that you will return the kindness and promote your guest article, when published on our site, to your own social platforms.
We have a very extensive inventory of articles on a variety of career-related topics on our website. Please review them and do your research in order to provide us with unique information we have not covered before, or present a common topic or idea in a unique way.
Please note: We do not accept blogs with specific instructions on how to write a resume. For example:
- Not Accepted: How to Write a Resume for a Hospitality Career
- Accepted: Don’t Use These 3 Phrases on Your Hospitality Resume
Instructions for Submitting a Guest Blog
- Send your submission to email@example.com. Please send in the form of a word doc attachment or link to a google doc. Do not copy and paste into the body of your email. Do not use a PDF.
- Blogs must be at least 500 words and original content that has not been published before, including on your own blog. We will check.
- Blogs should be well written with very few typos and grammatical errors. Because we are a writing service we are picky about this.
- Include at least one relevant link to an existing Career Resume Blog in the body of the blog.
- Do not directly sell your own (or someone else’s) products or services in the blog or include links to sites or landing pages that do. This blog is meant to be informative and provide you the backlink you are seeking, but should not be self-serving or promotional.
- Indicate ALL do-follow links you request to be included in the blog.
- You do not need to include any images. We will select a featured image. However, if you would like to include any images we require you to provide proof of ownership or a link to the image on the public domain site from which you got it.
- Include, at the end, a brief bio of yourself (headshot picture optional), and one link to your website. Include in your bio or a separate explanation as to your expertise on the subject matter and why you are able to write on the subject.
We reserve the right to reject any submission for any reason, however, most likely it will be because you didn’t follow directions, aren’t an expert, or your article requires a lot of editing. We will reply to you in a reasonable amount of time if your article is accepted, and we try to respond within a week or two. It may be longer depending on how busy we are. We will notify you when it is published.