Exceptional Resume Samples
Fifteen seconds. On average, that’s how long a hiring manager will spend reading your resume before deciding to pass you over or give you further consideration. To land an interview, your resume has to make an instant impact.
Too often, job applicants’ resumes are hurting more than helping them. At Career Resumes, we help our clients prepare resumes and cover letters that grab the attention of recruiters and hiring managers. Here are some resume samples that put our insights to work. These samples are effective because they:
- Get the message out quickly and efficiently
- Capture the attention of employers
- Communicate the value that you will bring
- Eliminate the gamble from your job search
Free Resume Tips from the Pros
Our services are designed to make your resume stand out from the competition. With our resume writing and formatting expertise, we optimize your appeal to prospective employers. If you are ready to take your career to the next level, contact us today for your free critique. Here are a few tips for getting started:
- Appearances Count - Check for spelling and grammar and use quality paper.
- Does Size Matter? - A two-page resume is appropriate if the scope of your career warrants it; don’t reduce font size to fit two pages onto one.
- Truth or Consequences - Don’t ruin your chances by including any information that your background check or references will prove to be false.
- State Your Case - Place your relevant skills and experience up front; especially if you are applying for a position in a field where you have little experience, a chronological resume format will only hurt you.
- Best Foot Forward - Don’t just state your previous positions and duties; list specific accomplishments and achievements: percentages increased, accounts expanded, awards won, etc.
- No Excuses - Your resume isn’t the place to say why you are no longer at the listed jobs.
- What Have You Done Lately? - Employers are interested in relevant experience from the past ten or so years; don’t bother writing down every position you’ve ever held.
- No Extra Papers - Unless specifically requested, don’t add transcripts, letters of recommendation, or other documents to your resume.
- Don't Get Personal - Marital status, age, ethnicity, hobbies, and other personal details have no place on resumes in the United States.
- International Resumes/CVs - Practices are changing as corporations become increasingly more international; unless otherwise requested, exclude personal details when writing your resume.
Contact us for assistance with your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile. From our office in Goldens Bridge, New York, we work with clients nationally and internationally.
Our executive resume writers have extensive experience creating high-impact CFO resumes, CEO resumes, CTO resumes, CIO resumes, Finance Executive resumes and Sales Executive resumes.
We’re in 9AM-6PM Eastern Standard Time (New York Time) if you want your CV re-written and have questions.
Call us on Skype – PeterNewfield
"If you look at the samples, you will love what “papa’s” staff can do for you. They would love to have your business."
~ Papa's Girl
- Resume Sample 1 – IT Executive resume
- Resume Sample 2 - Civil Engineer resume
- Resume Sample 3 - Senior Engineer resume
- Resume Sample 4 - Vice President of Operations resume
- Resume Sample 5 – Senior Sales & Marketing Executive resume
- Resume Sample 6 – Controller – Chief Accounting Officer – Business Unit CFO resume
- Resume Sample 7 – Attorney resume – Labor Relations Executive
- Resume Sample 8 – Senior Executive resume
- Resume Sample 9 – Automotive General Manager resume
- Resume Sample 10 – Engineering Management resume
- Resume Sample 11 – International Human Resource Executive resume
- Resume Sample 12 – Strategic Corporate Finance & Technology Executive resume
- Resume Sample 13 – Senior Telecommunications Engineering-Operations Management resume
- Resume Sample 14 – Security Law Enforcement Professional resume
- Resume Sample 15 – Manufacturing and Operations Executive resume
- Resume Sample 16 – Senior Sales Executive resume
- Resume Sample 17 – Supply Chain Management resume
- Resume Sample 18 – Portfolio Manager resume
- Resume Sample 19 – Software Engineering Professional resume
- Resume Sample 20 – Human Resources Executive resume
- Resume Sample 21 – CFO / Finance Executive resume
- Resume Sample 22 – Global Logistics resume
- Resume Sample 23 – Construction Superintendent resume